11 Powerful Quotes to Convey the Importance of Self-Care
Do Family Caregivers Need a Break?
Personally taking care of your loved one is not a bad thing. In fact, being a family caregiver is a very noble act to do. However, this should not mean that you have to stop taking care of yourself. Home Life Care, Inc., a Non-Medical Home Care Agency in Ahoskie, North Carolina, shares eleven powerful quotes to teach you the importance of taking care of yourself.
- “By making time for self-care, you prepare yourself to be your best so you can share your gifts with the world. Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. Self-care isn’t selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” ―Eleanor Brownn
- “Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others.” ―Christopher Germer
- “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself.” ―Steve Maraboli
- “Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ―Lucille Ball
- “Self-care is a deliberate choice to gift ourself with people, places, things, events, and opportunities that recharge our personal battery and promote whole health—body, mind, and spirit.” ―Laurie Buchanan, PhD
- “You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.” ―Unknown
- “In dealing with those who are undergoing great suffering, if you feel burnout setting in, if you feel demoralized and exhausted, it is best, for the sake of everyone, to withdraw and restore yourself. The point is to have a long-term perspective.” ―Dalai Lama
- “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.” ―Karl Lagerfeld
- “Putting yourself first doesn’t mean you don’t care about others. It means you’re smart enough to know you can’t help others if you don’t help yourself first.” ―Unknown
- “The relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” ―Jane Travis
- “When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better.” ―Solange Knowles
Home Life Care, Inc. understands what you are going through. You have to keep in mind that taking care of yourself does not imply selfishness. If you want to fully serve your loved one, you have to make sure that you are physically, mentally, and emotionally fit for it.
Whether you want to visit your favorite place or hang out with your long-time-no-see friends, you need to take some time off with your caregiving duties. Our respite care service is advantageous for both you and your loved one. Feel free to contact us at 800-819-8988 to schedule an appointment.
Home Life Care, Inc. provides Personal Care Services in North Carolina. Learn more about us by visiting our website at www.homelifecareinc.com.