Summer season can be dangerous for aging adults, especially if they live alone without getting home life care services in North Carolina. Their body cannot regulate temperature well, so they’re at risk of overheating or getting heat stress during hot days. Worse, they may not even notice that they’re experiencing heat stress until things worsen.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to prevent your loved one from getting heatstroke. Here are some of them.
- Familiarize yourself with your loved one’s health condition and know if there are any extra precautions you need to take to ensure their continued health
- Know the warning signs of heatstroke and contact a healthcare professional as soon as possible
- Encourage them to dress for the weather, drink more, and stay inside when the heat is too much for outdoor activities
- Never let them go out without applying sunscreen and wearing sunhat and sunglasses
- Tell them to avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages as it may worsen heat-related illnesses
Other precautions you can take to ensure your aging loved one’s safety is to get personal care services in Ahoskie, North Carolina. If you can’t be with your loved one, a skilled caregiver can ensure that they’re getting the support they need whenever they need it. With home care services, they’ll be able to enjoy the summer without worries.
Looking for an exceptional non medical home care agency in Ahoskie, North Carolina? Contact Home Life Care, Inc. today to know more about our services.